Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Kindnesses on this board.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just want everyone to know what a wonderful little spot on the internet I think we have hear. I am a member of many message boards and I have never seen the sense of community that we have here.

    Multiple times after mentioning something on the board, some member who has read it has surprised me in some way. When I was mentioning I was learning how to sew, a member picked up sale patterns and offered to sell them to me. When I was looking to have a special dress made, another member offered to do to make it for an excellent price.

    Here we sell without the restrictions of ebay, and so far I haven?t heard of anyone who has gotten burned. I?ve sold and traded to many members- not for the prices I could have gotten on ebay- but for a fair price where we both felt we got a deal.

    We organized a secret santa where everyone did their part- and we can trust the members of our community.

    I?ve had members give me a book for free, and PM me when they saw an outfit I had mentioned in a post on ebay (not even on my wishlist). Another offered to pick something up at AGP for me, if they would not send it to me.

    In return, I am making an outfit for a members daughter, and sent a wishbook to a member whose grandchildren did not get them. I hope to do many more acts of kindness, I feel like the board has given so much to me.

    What kindnesses have you received here?

  2. #2
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Comforting PMs regarding my father's death this past summer. They were unexpected little gems that came my way and really were day brighteners. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    A couple of ladies offered to pick up items for me at the AG outlet and MCM Sale last summer. Otherwise, DD would not have gotten them. I agree that everyone is so kind here.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Momof2agfans's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 4th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree! This is a wonderful community!

    When Emily was having unexplained migraines, and I was scared to death, the wonderful people here were here to listen and offer support. I received many, many PM's giving wonderful advice.

    A board member got me a job (Betty). One that allows me to work and still be there to pick the girls up from school.

    Heather (Jrtmom), what can I say about her?! She's just like the sister I never had! She not only made my girls' wishes come true for Christmas, she's now helping me turn my craft room into an AG playroom.

  5. #5
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    I agree it's nice to have a board where there are people who you can ask advice & opinions to. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I agree...this is a wonderful community. I have made lots of good friends who really care about me, and my family.

    There used to be a member here, her name was dramamama. She and I did lots of trading back and forth, and even sent each other free things..just for fun. I used to send her daughter homemade AG clothing.

    She eventually left, as someone was really cruel to her, here....I think it was entirely done through PM's, but she was really hurt, and left the board. I have since lost contact with her.

    But I have a great time talking with Dianasmama, and several others. I feel like you all are good friends! (Laurie...I think you and I would have lots of fun if we lived in the same area!) I think we both like to shop! LOL!!!

    I still get emails asking how my daughter is recovering from her accident. It really warms the heart to know that people you have never met actually care about you!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree that there is a very generous spirit here. People are free with their advice, and support on AG or non-AG issues.

    I have made purchases and sold things to board members--all at a fair price (to both of us).

    A board member offered me a short story I really wanted, at her sale price.

    Friends I can turn to for fun or advice, on or off board.

  8. #8
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    There was a lady right after I first joined who was giving away old catalogs for free. She sent me a 1997 one because that was the year my daughter was born. I found it two days ago going through the numerous AG boxes we have at the top of the closet. And I realize that I think I forgot to send her the $ to pay for the postage. [img]redface.gif[/img]

    Plenty of members have answered my questions, helped me find items on my wishlist, I traded outfits with Lara, and have generally just met some great people here!

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the readiness of people to help is very commendable! [img]smile.gif[/img] For example, if you ask someone to measure something or take pictures, they do so almost immediately! It's really amazing.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I enjoy the board as well. I've received a BBW coupon thanks to a board member, and enjoyed a couple of good purchases that were offered here before e-bay. The best thing though is, as many of you have said in so many words, the compassion that is shown to other members. It's a bright spot in a sometimes dark world. Thanks everyone!

    Jo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •